transition to high school group
High school transition can be a stressful time for everyone. We are running an Occupational Therapist led program to support children and parents create an environment for a successful high school transition. The program commences on 23 August and runs for 14 weeks, with a break over the school holidays. We have limited spaces left, so call us to register your interest on 1800 746 272 or for more information click on the link below.
new group therapy programs
high-support cooking & budgeting program
Budgeting, shopping, and cooking are complex skills that take time and support to develop proficiency and confidence. These are critical skills for teenagers to develop as they move to independent living. This program, commencing 10 July, is a small group, Occupational Therapist led program that works to build skills and confidence in teenagers with a variety of high-support needs.
adult augmentative and alternative communication
This group is designed to provide opportunities for adult AAC users to connect with peers using their communication device in a safe and supported group.
independent living skills
A therapist-led program that covers the core skills needed to move out of home.
- Term 1 – cooking, food budgeting and shopping
- Term 2 – budgeting – bill management and banking
- Term 3 – cleaning within the home
- Term 4 – travel training – buses, taxi, and orientation while walking.
current service restrictions
We welcome the news of low numbers of COVID cases in the community and have taken this opportunity to reduce the burden of wearing masks from our workforce, as outlined below. Whilst the isolation requirement for the general community has now ceased, the 5-day isolation period still applies to sensitive settings such as disability services. At Pinarc, we are committed to safely supporting our customers and will allow customers to return to our Group Programs after 5-days isolation as long as they are symptom free. As always, we continue to monitor the situation closely and will review our guidelines if we see any increase in COVID cases in the community or experience any exposure risks at our sites.
ALO Group Programs:
- Customers who have tested positive to COVID-19 may return to group programs after 5 day isolation period providing they are symptom free
- Masks will only be worn by staff if we have a rise of cases of COVID-19 in the community, or an exposure on-site, or at the request of individual customers
- Customers that are deemed a close contact can only attend services if they undertake a RAT and have no symptoms
- If you have any cold symptoms please get tested and do not attend group programs
Therapy, Support Coordination and FPM:
- The current Public health advise is if you have tested positive to COVID it is recommended you isolate for 5 days
- Pinarc request that if you are COVID positive or have symptoms you contact us to reschedule your appointment or we can change it to teletherapy if appropriate
- Masks will only be worn by staff if we experience a rise of cases of COVID-19 in the community, or an exposure on-site or at the request of the customers
We care deeply about the health and wellbeing of our staff, customers, their families and carers, and note that our staff are required to not attend their workplace for 5 days after a positive COVID-19 result under current public health information. Different program areas will be impacted in different ways during this time and we will do our best to communicate these changes when they arise.
We know these are challenging times and can affect us all differently. We are here to support you where we can and if you have any queries or feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact Sara Cavanagh, Deputy CEO on 0488 182 440.