physiotherapists for kids
Physiotherapists are experts in the human body and its movement. We support people to restore their movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness, or disability. Physiotherapists can also help prevent risk of injury in the future.
Physiotherapists work with people towards goals which are meaningful to them. Our Kids Physiotherapists work around the Ballarat & Melton regions and are trained to support families in their natural environments, the home, kindergarten, daycare center, school, local pool and in the community. We use a capacity building approach to support you with ideas and strategies which you can integrate into your daily life and routines, along with direct hands-on therapy.
Kids Physiotherapists can assist with:
- Early Fine motor skills – Reaching, grasping, and manipulating objects
- Help your child learn to walk, roll, sit, crawl, and stand utilising neurodevelopmental physiotherapy techniques
- Gross motor skills – jumping, hopping, climbing, throwing, and catching balls, using playground equipment, bike riding, balance, running, and coordination
- Equipment Prescription – specialised seating, wheelchairs, specialised strollers, standing frames, specialized bikes/trikes, hoists, and walking aides, etc
- Orthotics and prosthetics – assessment, referral, and assistance with ongoing management
- Pre- and post- surgery management – strengthening, conditioning, rehabilitation, referral for appropriate surgical opinion
- Linking into local services to increase motor skills, function, inclusion, and participation.
- Intervention for specific conditions such as developmental delay, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Acquired Brain Injuries, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Scoliosis, Torticollis & Plagiocephaly, Cerebellar Disorders, other syndromes, Toe Walking, and much more.